加入地震坛
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 6250|回复: 14

国外专家关于云南地区2010年地震可能性的分析

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-3-16 19:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
因为今年云南气候干旱加之地震频发,一直十分担心,开始关注有国内外关于地震预测的网站。
其中有一个“长期地震预测网站”(是按字面意思直译的, Long-term Forecasts)一直在预测方面有着很高的准确率,但是云南不在其研究范围内,于是我抱着试试的态度给这个创办网站的教授发(网页上给出了他的邮箱地址邮件),对于他的是否会回复并没有抱太大希望,但是今天发现他在3月7日已经给我了回信。
下面是我发的邮件和专家回复的内容,红字为回复(我在邮箱的称呼隐去):

Hello ,

Thank you for your interest and support.

I do understand your concerns, but unfortunately I cannot give you any specific help as I am unable to add your region (say a 500 km radius zone around your city) to my Long-term Tables due to constraints on research and time.

Also, even if I had such a zone covered in my tables, it is not possible to pinpoint the city or area where the expected quake might hit. I understand that most of your large quakes occur in the mountainous country to your west, so I would try not to worry too much, although I realise that an M7 in your mountains may still give you quite a shaking.

Finally, I am unable to rule out a large earthquake during 2010, but not for the reasons that you give. The patterns of past events in your region suggest that it is possible, but by no means definite, that a large quake (say M6-7) could occur during this year.

Take care!

Kind regards,

- Hide quoted text -

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:52 PM
Subject: A Chinese girl calling for help!! (about the earthquake in southern China)

Dear      
      I am a young girl living in a remot city in the southern part of China.  
     I  visited your website just now.I really appreciate your dedication to the seismology, improving the ability of poredicting the earthquakes is really important for bettering our lives...

maybe I'm being overcautious..but I really hope you could help me.
      00:50 am, 21th feb, an earthquake of M2.9 took place in my hometown---------Lat25.30 N, Lon103.48E ,a city named qujing in Yunnan province . the earthquake lasted only a few seconds but building which I live in faltered so vehemently that I was nearly scared to tears...
     however, that earthquake alone couldn't make me so worried.I think it is a combination of things that  thightened my nerves.

The weather has been quite abnormal  for months here in  Qujing, we are now going through the toughest drought since 1950. For months, not even a  single drop of rain has fallen.
     Besides, about ten days ago, there was a sharp drop of the temperature.The highest tempertature of day declined from 21℃  to below 8℃, I've been living here since I was born, and  as far as I remember,  I experienced no similar weather change like this...
     Also,I read an article  about the sunspot cycle and  its relationship with earthquake (exmeplified with a chronicle of  the all the destructive earthquake in the city's history,that is from ),to be honest, I'm not familiar with seismology and its terms, but I thinik  it can be  deduced from the article that 2010 is a year in which an earthquake of destructive power is highly possible in the city of Qujing.

I learned from your web page that there are two predictions in China that haven't yet been defined...Would you please let me know wether it is possible that  an earthquake would take place in Qujing( Lat25.30 N, Lon103.48E)?
    Hope my igorance won't annoy you and hope my request won't bother you much.

thank you again!

a girl from China
 楼主| 发表于 2010-3-16 19:56 | 显示全部楼层
我的邮件写的匆忙其中有不少错误……请大家不要取笑。
http://www.nextearthquake.com/earthquakes_long_term_forecasts.htm这个是网址
在回信中,他指出虽然云南不知他的观测范围内但是依据该地区过去地震的周期模式,6至7级地震是很有可能发生的。担不是绝对。
点评回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-16 20:01 | 显示全部楼层
此外,尽管方式和模型不同,但是这个美国网站的预测却和论坛上的几位经验丰富的预测高手的结论是由一致性的。不知道地震是不是真的会发生……不过在论坛里学到的知识对于提前防御有很大的帮助。对于论坛和这位给予帮助的国外专家我都十分感激。
点评回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-16 20:16 | 显示全部楼层
有心!顶起来!两封信明天再看,今天忙到头痛。

我觉得国内的专家也是可以问一问的。

难道想欺我国内无人?
点评回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-16 20:49 | 显示全部楼层
回复 4# starbase

恩,只是国内限制较多 不是所有专家都能坦诚的把研究成果告诉普通人
点评回复

使用道具 举报

匿名  发表于 2010-3-16 20:55
多半是曲靖一中的小女孩,英语不错
发表于 2010-3-16 21:14 | 显示全部楼层
外国的专家也是比较严谨啊
点评回复

使用道具 举报

匿名  发表于 2010-3-16 22:33
喂,

谢谢你的关心和支持。

我不明白您的问题,但不幸的是我不能给你任何,因为我无法将您的地区的具体的帮助(比如一区的500公里半径在你的城市)到我的长期表,由于研究和时间的限制。

此外,即使我有这样一个在我的表覆盖区域,它是无法查明的城市或地区,其预期的地震可能会击中。据我所知,您的大地震最多山的国家发生到西部,所以我尽量不要过于担心,但我知道在你的山区M7仍然可以给你不少震动。

最后,我不能排除在2010年大地震,但没有理由为您提供。在您的区域在过去事件的模式表明,它是可能的,但绝不是明确的,即一个大地震(说M6的- 7)可能发生在今年。

小心!

亲切的问候,

- 隐藏引用文字 -

-----原始邮件-----
来自:
到:
发送时间:星期一,2010年2月22日日下午09:52
主题:一个中国女孩求救! (关于中国南部地震)

亲爱的
      我是一个年轻女孩在轨道四驱车城市生活在中国南部。
     我访问了您的网站只是now.I非常感谢您奉献的地震,提高poredicting地震的能力真的很重要了改善我们的生活...

也许我畏首畏尾..但我真的希望你能帮助我。
      上午12时50,2月21日,是M2.9地震发生在我的家乡举行--------- Lat25.30 ñ,Lon103.48E,一个城市命名的云南省曲靖。地震只持续了几秒钟,但建筑,我住在动摇最剧烈,我几乎吓坏了眼泪...
     但是,地震不能单独让我如此worried.I认为这是一个的东西,我的神经thightened组合。

天气已相当不正常的曲靖月在这里,我们正通过自1950年以来最艰难的干旱持续。几个月来,甚至没有一滴雨下降。
     此外,约10天前,有一个一天temperature.The最高tempertature急剧下降21℃下降到8℃以下,我一直住在这里,因为我是出生,而据我记得,我有经验没有这样类似的天气变化...
     此外,我读了一篇有关太阳黑子周期及其与地震关系的条款(exmeplified用的所有城市的历史上破坏性地震纪事,即由),说实话,我不熟悉地震及其条款,但我thinik可以推断文章,2010年一年中,一名地震破坏力是极有可能在曲靖市。

我从您的网页有两个预测,在中国尚未被定义...请你让我知道天气很可能地震将在曲靖市举行(Lat25.30 ñ,Lon103.48E )?
    希望我的igorance不会烦扰你和我的请求,希望不会打扰你了。

再次感谢您!
亲切的问候,

软件翻译的凑合看吧。
发表于 2010-3-16 22:48 | 显示全部楼层
地理位置位于曲靖市西南方向,昆明市东北方向,不过偏离曲靖~有点担忧
点评回复

使用道具 举报

匿名  发表于 2010-3-16 23:09
英语写的就是。。。。友善!!。。。学习!!!。。。努力。。!!!
发表于 2010-3-17 08:32 | 显示全部楼层
学习了